My six years as Tauranga’s Deputy Mayor gave me a deep appreciation of the incredible value TECT brings to the city, and the Western Bay subregion that we love.
TECT makes an outstanding contribution at grassroots and regional level, through community groups, charities, events, facilities and highly significant major collaborations, such as Tauranga’s University campus and the ground-breaking Bay Oval LED lights. So many lives touched. So many important legacies for our future families.
It will be my privilege to serve you and our community through the governance of TECT. With my proven balance of vision, prudence and teamwork, along with my unique blend of experience in business, politics and community, I believe I am ideally placed to enhance your billion-dollar capital base, while building on TECT’s quarter-century of extraordinary community generosity — $27.5 million this year alone!
Thank you for valuing TECT with your vote for the community!
Please feel free to contact me:
Employment / Business history
- Joint director, with my wife Kathryn, of the Trellis Outdoor Centre, Greerton (2 years)
- Licensed real estate salesperson, Harcourts Tauranga (2 years)
- Joint director of Kathryn’s business, The Treehouse Private Kindergarten and Nursery, Tauranga (18 years)
- Managing Director of Fleur Foods, frozen foods manufacturer, Tauranga (13 years)
- General Manager, Pinto Fruit Juice Company, Tauranga (6 years)
- Sales and Marketing Manager, Intermilk, Tauranga (7 years)
- Sales and Product Manager, Pacific Dairy Products, Auckland (4 years)
Previous positions held
- Deputy Mayor, Tauranga City Council (6 years)
- Co-chair, The People’s Project Tauranga, a housing first initiative for the chronically homeless
- Chairman, Food Bay of Plenty industry cluster
- President, NZ Juice and Beverage Association
- Elder and Treasurer, Elim Christian Centre, Tauranga
- Bachelor of Management Studies (Honours), double major in Marketing and Accounting, University of Waikato
- Head Boy and Dux at Tauponui-a-tia College, Taupo
This Website is authorised by Kelvin Clout, 41 Westview Place, Tauranga. Copyright © 2022 Kelvin Clout. All rights reserved.